FTDI has announced the addition of two more cables to its USB to digital level serial interface product offering. The products, which make up the company's C232HD USB 2.0 Hi-Speed to Digital Level UART cable series, each incorporate one of its FT232H Hi-Speed USB interface ICs, mounted on a compact circuit board contained within the USB connector at the end of the cable. Receive and transmit buffers with 1 Kbyte capacities allow efficient transfer of high levels of data. The signal levels are either +3.3 V (for the C232HD-DDHSP-0 version) or +5 V (for C232HD-EDHSP-0 version).
The integrated FT232H IC handles all the USB signaling and protocols, facilitating rapid implementation and lowering engineering overheads. Both the C232HD-DDHSP-0 and C232HD-EDHSP-0 have an optional power output capability with a maximum output current of 200 mA at their respective signal voltage level. The cables, which are 1.8 m long, can cope with data transfer rates of up to 12 Mbaud.
Both of these cable products have an operational temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C. They are housed in black cabling with a transparent connector at the end. Individual wires are terminated on to a single header socket.
- Based on the single chip USB Hi-Speed FT232H device
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 Mbits/second) and Full Speed (12 Mbits/second) compatible
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip – no USB-specific firmware programming required
- USB type A connector for direct connection to USB host or hub
- USB bus powered
- Asynchronous UART transfer data rate up to 12 Mbaud
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking
- Transmit and receive LEDs
- 1 Kbyte receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout
- Support for USB suspend and resume
- Low operating and USB suspend current
- Low USB bandwidth consumption
- UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Cable length is 1.8 m (6 feet)
- Custom versions available (subject to minimum order quantity (MOQ))
- FTDI's royalty-free VCP and D2XX drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases
Date de publication :