Crowd Supply helps creators launch with the funding and support they need to deliver thoughtfully crafted products to delighted backers.
Crowd Supply projects should be:
- Original - A Crowd Supply project should add something new and exciting to the world. Improvements on existing projects are fine, knock-offs are not.
- Useful - A Crowd Supply project should address a real need. Just because it's possible, doesn't mean it should be done - no one needs more landfill.
- Respectful - A Crowd Supply project should honor basic user rights: curiosity, independence, association, longevity, transfer, discourse, privacy, and security.
- Crowd Supply is more focused on electronic hardware production than any other crowd funding platform.
We've helped with the strategy, funding, and delivery of hundreds of products, with great results:
of funded projects have delivered to backers
(we vet and help our projects)
of launched projects have successfully funded
(2X more than Kickstarter for comparable projects)
average amount raised per successful project
(6X more than Kickstarter for comparable projects)
Crowd Supply Project of the Month
This month's Crowd Supply featured project is HealthyPi v3 - Health HAT for Raspberry Pi!
HealthyPi is the first fully open-source, full-featured vital sign monitor. Using the Raspberry Pi as its computing and display platform, the HealthyPi add-on HAT turns the Raspberry Pi into a vital sign monitoring system.
Who Needs the HealthyPi?
- If you are a student or researcher interested in incorporating human vital signs into your project, HealthyPi is easy to include in your research.
- For regions of the world where medical care is limited and the cost of a conventional patient monitor is prohibitive, a simple patient monitoring system could mean saving a life. HealthyPi can work as that patient monitor.
- If you are a medical device designer, HealthyPi is a useful prototyping device. If you like the results of a given prototype, you can simply take the module you developed (hardware and software files) and integrate it into your system with minimal guesswork.
- Recording and streaming data from standard patient monitors is far from "standard" and in most cases requires proprietary software. HealthyPi uses open-source software which provides an easier off-the-shelf interface to your data. Better still, you can build your own custom functionality right into the software.
The simple, highly integrated design of the HealthyPi results in ease of manufacturing, more reliability, and lower cost. Nonetheless, some of the analog chips used here are the same ones present in professional patient monitoring systems.
We have ensured that the entire system is easy to use, makes it easy to add features, easy to customize, and easy to reproduce too, if you wish. The PCB design itself is simple and the software design is simpler.
You can get as deep into the technical details of the HealthyPi as you want. Just want to use it as a data monitor? Perform the default install and you’re ready to start using it right away. Are you a serious software hacker trying to make the software more efficient and the algorithms more intelligent? You can do that too.
Healthy Pi 3 HAT Kit includes:
- HealthyPi v3 PCB
- Three-electrode cable with "button" connectors on one end and stereo connector on the other end
- Finger-clip Spo2 probe with "Nellcor-compatible" DB9 connector
- Cable-mounted digital skin temperature sensor with stainless steel contacts.
- A sheet of 20 Single-use disposable ECG electrodes (Covidien Medi-Trace)
- HAT mounting kit with headers and screws for stacking up the board with a Raspberry Pi
To learn more about the HealthyPi check out our latest project!